Sunday 9 March 2014

Wholemeal Pizza Dough


What a way to kick start a new blog, with our favourite recipe of all. The 'go to' recipe. Can't decide what to have? Lets have pizza! 

It may have taken me 3 years, but I have certainly perfected the pizza dough. I opt for wholemeal flour, being mindful of the health benefits as well as the fantastic flavour it gives. If you wish to use the recipe with Strong White Flour, use only 180ml of water. 

I like to use the Allinsons Dried Active Yeast which comes in a little tin, hence adding the yeast to the water in the recipe. It has never let me down, and comes in cheaper than the sachets of yeast. If you do wish to use a sachet, simply add your yeast straight to the flour and begin to add the water. 

This is my favourite recipe for when I am at work all day and don't have much time in the kitchen. It takes me 5 minutes to get the dough together in the morning, I prove it in the fridge all day and the structure when it is baked is phenomenal, definitely worth the wait! I hope you enjoy it just as much as we do. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by!