Wednesday 11 June 2014

York by Food

The weekend after Dan and I got married, we zipped up the motorway to our favourite city. York.
A delightful stay in a nearby castle (yes, CASTLE!) and two full days wandering this beautiful city. We may have eaten at Betty's twice, but one of the highlights was our dinner at Jamie's Italian.



At Betty's world famous Tea Rooms we indulged. Rose China Tea for me. Pricey but well worth it, absolutely divine. Dan had a pot of English Breakfast and loved his Eggs Benedict. I think the Full English Breakfast was the best I have ever eaten.

For our evening meal, we spotted a Jamie's Italian. We have always fancied going to one of Jamie's restaurants but have never really been in the vicinity of one to take advantage. Down in the vaults of Lendal, Jamie's Italian York has a beautiful atmosphere inside and out.
We were pleasantly surprised at just how amazing the whole experience was. The waiter suggested a homemade cola in opposition to the Coke Dan ordered and my were we grateful, it beat a regular coke hands down every time. We skipped the starters and deserts as we needed to eat but we weren't starving hungry. Dan went for the seafood spaghetti which he tells me was absolutely superb. I chose a smaller portion (I wish more places offered this!) of the Sausage Paparadelle and it was completely faultless. I think we both wished that we could have had room for a desert as they sounded and looked amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by!